Enter if you dare...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A review of THE HORRIBLES: Written and Illustrated by Carolyn Watson Dubisch

I had the pleasure of meeting Carolyn on a fantastic website for writers called JacketFlap (http://www.jackepflap.com/)

After chatting a bit she sent me a copy of her book, The Horribles to review. I was very excited and honored.

Upon my first glance I was immediately excited. The artwork drew me right in. Not only did Carolyn write, but she did all the great illustrations as well. Very impressive.

The Horribles is a fun group of stories based on an eccentric family of the same name and a few other characters that intertwine within their story. And when I say intertwine...I truly mean it. The book is made up of a bunch of quirky little stories that all blend into each other creating a fun little world. It's very cool how she set this up.

This book and series, is great for children and adults alike. The story is easy to read and the artwork is awesome!

People who dig the Wayside School books and the AAAHH!!! Real Monsters cartoon should get a real kick out of this.
2 words. ZOMBIE MONKEY.

For more info. you can check out:


No comments:

Post a Comment